Thursday, April 2, 2009

Huh?

Audrey: Mommy, can I watch the cat and the French?
Me: What?
Audrey: The cat and the French.
Me: I don't think I know what show you're talking about.
Audrey: Yes, you do. It got the cat what has a hat... and it got a green French.
Me: Umm... I really don't know that one, honey. Where did you see it??
Audrey: You got it for me.
Me: Are you talking about The Cat in the Hat?
Audrey: Uh-huh. And it got the green French what gets the cat.
Me: OH! you mean the GRINCH!
Audrey: Uh-huh.
Me: I think that one's called The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat.
Audrey: Yep, that's it. Can I watch it?

Sometimes you need a pocket translator to interpret preschooler-ese. :)

1 comment:

Lee said...

We think it's so hard to understand them, but you gotta appreciate their patience with us. Can't you just imagine how stupid they think we are when they PATIENTLY explain to us and they KNOW we know what they are refering to and we STILL don't get it? Mother